We undertake research to help insurers and insureds better understand the environment in which they operate and their markets.
Risks and insurance products to cover them are constantly changing. Our understanding of the causes of losses is increasing and techniques for managing risks is constantly being developed.
We undertake research to help insurers, reinsurers, brokers and insureds better understand the environment in which they operate and their markets. Our technical experts are regular members of research panels and undertake projects for clients in many areas of the world that require both technical knowledge and an understanding of local practices.
Recent risk research projects have included:
- Subsidence damage to dwellings in UK and worldwide
- Earthquake exposure of schools and hospitals in Mexico
- Building Standards in high risk seismic zones in relation to earthquake
- Loss and accident analysis in shipbuilding and ship repair yards in China
- Caribbean hurricane damage management
- Analysis of risks and losses associated with pipelines and claims
- Contingent Business Interruption in Engineering Insurance
- Power station operation benchmarking
- Risk based review of process plant fire protection
- Analysis of risks in hospital design and operations
- Accidents at ports and terminals involving containers
- Adverse weather damage to construction sites
- Cyber threats to process plants
- Pipeline construction and operations
- Fast developing technology
- Risk engineering for major construction projects
- Combustion turbine critical losses and trends