Insurers require accurate technical surveys if they are to underwrite risks on commercial terms and reduce the risk of losses
Insurers, captive insurers and companies require accurate technical information on construction, operational, liability and business interruption risks if they are to underwrite risks on commercial terms and reduce the risk of losses. Our technical surveys and inspections are undertaken by a highly experienced team of surveyors and engineers at the pre-risk stage and on an on-going basis. We work across a wide range of industries:
Construction and civil engineering
- Construction projects require careful risk management as the range of activities and working environment is constantly changing. View more.
Heavy and high tech industry
- We have significant survey experience in surveys for heavy industries and major high tech industries. View more.
- Detailed surveys are an important pre-requisite of underwriting and risk management in open cast and deep mining. View more.
Oil and gas (including LNG)
- The oil & gas industry creates some of the largest risks insured. It employs a vast range of technologies often in hostile environments. View more.
Petrochemical and chemical
- The petrochemical and chemical industries cover a wide range of technologies and hazards. View more.
Power and utilities
- Power Stations and utilities are the backbone of any developed society. Failures in supply can cause huge disruption and large losses. View more.
- Ports, airports, motorways, railways and other major infrastructure assets are costly to construct and vital for a country's successful development. View more.