The cruise industry is a high capital venture and operates in an environment of intense competition. It therefore requires a high level of experience and expertise in the marine field to protect the significant levels of investment involved. We are well placed to offer this service both before and after any casualty situation.
Before a casualty
We offer advice on different types of insurance available and on policy terms and conditions, particularly where there are well known areas of difficulties with claims which can be overcome by specific policy wordings. We can advise on procedures to be put in place to help process the documentation needed in the preparation of claims. We can also access loss prevention knowledge in the rest of the Charles Taylor Group.
After a casualty
We can provide a fully integrated claims service which includes:
- Developing a casualty management plan that assesses how operational issues will impact on potential insurance claims
- Physical damage claims adjustment, embracing cause of damage investigations, status reports to insurers and interim funding of repair costs
- Establishing the loss of passenger revenues arising from abandoned or cancelled cruises for presentation to insurers, and undertaking cost analyses of refund
- Compensation packages and repatriation expenses where such cover is afforded.
- Claims for personal injury and sickness can be negotiated and settled independently or in conjunction with the vessel’s P & I Club
The service is geared to facilitate the vessel resuming her trade with the minimum of delay and disruption to earnings.