Handling the collection of General Average or Salvage Security on a vessel involving Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers (NVOCC) and Groupage - Less than Container Load (LCL) consignments where interests are numbered in thousands rather than hundreds demands special expertise, resources and management that we are long used to providing.
These security collections are made more difficult by the fact that individual members of consortia will produce their own manifests dealing with their own cargo interests and have their own exclusive agents in each loading and discharge port.
We approach a multi bill of lading collection of security by:
- Outlining the strategy
- Giving clear instructions and notification to agents and other parties involved
- Co-ordinating the recording of security and release of cargo using IT databases
- Regular reporting
- Follow up in respect of outstanding information
In particular we utilise:
- Our global network of offices and correspondents that is unrivalled in experience in this field
- Close working relationships with major institutions such as Lloyd's Salvage Branch
- Our reputation in local cargo insurance markets ensuring high level co-operation
We are best placed to collect salvage security for salvors concurrently with the collection of General Average security.