Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently established a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
In April 2015 we launched Charles Taylor Managing Agency Ltd (CTMA), a Lloyds managing agent that currently manages the Standard Syndicate 1884. The Syndicate underwrites marine and offshore energy business at Lloyds and has ambitious growth plans. Likewise, CTMA's strategy is to extend its syndicate management capability to further new Lloyd's start-ups. This will supplement the few managing agents that currently focus on turn-key management. This is an exciting new initiative for us and we have been running large recruitment campaigns to secure our new team.
We have an interesting opportunity for a Governance Assistant / Assistant CoSec to manage the effective operation of internal governance processes within CTMA according to CTMA policy, Lloyd’s and PRA requirements.
- Supporting the CoSec in management of the CTMA board and board committees.
Business planning and management
- Assist with the planning and communication of the annual board and committee timetable, required materials and deadlines to CTMA and syndicate team members.
- Assist with the planning and communication of the annual business group timetable, required materials and deadlines to CTMA and syndicate team members.
- Assist with the support of the CTMA executive committee chairs to ensure committee agendas reflect requirements set out in their terms of reference and committees discharge their responsibilities according to CTMA policy
- Support the CTMA business group chairs to ensure committee agendas reflect requirements set out in their terms of reference and the business groups discharge their responsibilities
- Assist with the maintenance of committee action logs and pro-actively communicate and manage completion of actions by action owners
- Maintain the business group action logs and pro-actively communicate and manage completion of actions by action owners
- Assist with the preparation of formal records and minutes of CTMA board and executive committee meetings as required
- Prepare formal records and minutes of CTMA business group meetings as required
CTMA governance responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining the CTMA governance map, ensuring all requirements are met (including maintenance of records on “fit and proper” assessments and evidence)
- Support the business owner for governance related policies and procedures
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Proven track record of minute preparation and/or meeting record preparation
- Proven track record of excellent organisational skills
- Good knowledge of business applications (for example, Word, basic Excel)
- Potential to study for ICSA qualifications
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with all CTMA staff
- Previous insurance (or regulated financial services) experience/ involvement with governance aspects of Solvency II desirable