Charles Taylor plc is a leading international provider of professional services to clients in the global insurance market. We have been providing services to insurance clients since 1884 and today have over 1,800 staff in 71 offices, spread over 29 countries in the UK, the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We manage mutual insurance companies, adjust large and complex insurance claims and provide a complete range of outsourced insurance services worldwide. Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risks markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses. Charles Taylor is a public company quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Investigating and reporting of insurance losses for and on behalf of Insurers, captives and self-insured interests.
This role would perform casualty loss adjusting functions for claims and may involve:
- Receipt of new claim instructions and initiating claims handling procedures;
- Liaise with official accident investigation agencies (governmental, regulators, police, etc.) and other independent agencies;
- Evaluate and assess all elements which may impact upon Underwriters’ potential exposure;
- Regularly liaise and report to Underwriters and other insurance practitioners regarding circumstances, damage, costs and cause of loss, including detailed assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations;
- Regularly liaise with Insured or Third Parties to progress claims settlement;
- Liaise and negotiate with prospective repair agents, manufacturers, third party claimants, consultant, lawyers in respect of damages, repair work scopes, cost estimates, litigation management, etc.;
- Review and report recommendations regarding costs and estimates with payment recommendation to Underwriters;
- Provision of general advice and assistance to Underwriters in respect of interpretation of policy conditions;
- Clear understanding of loss handling for claims related to specialty casualty including product liability / recall / warranty, municipal liability, human rights / harassment, trademark infringement, complex injury claims, etc.;
- Clear understanding of loss handling for claims related to Professional indemnity, E&O, D&O, and financial risks.;
- Ability to prepare concise communications including Reservation of Rights letter, reports to clients, litigation management plans, legal briefs, etc.;
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences, pre-trial, etc.;
- Work within assigned office budget to maintain productivity and WIP figures;
- Assist with the training of intermediate staff; as required.
- Assist in the development and effective marketing of Charles Taylor Adjusting.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Bachelors’ Degree is preferred or equivalent experience
- CIP/FCIP designation or working towards such designation
- A minimum of ten (10) years handling speciality casualty claims as described above