Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
This job is intended to support the Delegated Underwriting Team in the day to day management and oversight of delegated underwriting arrangements and consortia for all lines of business.
The DUA Analyst will be expected to manage the receipt and processing of policy, premium, claims and aggregate bordereaux and chase brokers and Coverholders when these are not received in accordance with agreed terms.
The DUA Analyst will help prepare Coverholder applications including new arrangements and renewals. Tasks will include but not be limited to co-ordination and chasing of key stakeholders, collection of required information and arranging of external audits of Coverholders.
To assist the Delegated Underwriting Manager and team, with the following:
- Due diligence of Coverholders, and ongoing monitoring of Coverholders
- Management of the onsite Coverholder and TPA audit process, including liaison with auditors, Coverholders, brokers and regulators where necessary and in compliance with internal policies
- Management of ATLAS updates and maintenance of internal records and systems as appropriate
- Recording and Management the receipt of bordereaux received and processing via internal systems and escalating issues when required
- Completion of written reports relating to due diligence of Coverholders and DUA arrangements
- Preparation and renewal of Service Company agreements and endorsements as and when required, including obtaining required authorisations
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs relating to DUAs and Coverholders
- Assistance with other ad-hoc project work and other tasks as delegated by the DUA Manager
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- 2-5 years experience in a delegated authority position either working for a coverholder or in a delegated authority team within a Lloyds Managing Agency or Lloyd’s Broker
- Ability to communicate and explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Excellent quality control and self discipline to ensure all reporting is of a very high standard
- Ability to build trust and effectively network both internally and externally
- Professional and approachable personality with a “can-do” attitude ensuring successful interaction with senior management/colleagues/external suppliers
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage time, manage projects, meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Marine experience desirable but not essential