Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1700 staff working in over 69 offices in 29 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We have an opportunity for an Adjuster to join our Energy Adjusting Team to handle all aspects of loss adjusting and other consultancy assignments, within CTA - Energy.
- Preparing case management plans, visiting Insurers, Reinsurers, Claimants and Insureds, worldwide;
- Preparing reports commenting in detail on all aspects of the claim;
- Including policy analysis and liability, quantum, and future actions;
- Instructing and controlling surveyors, lawyers, forensic scientists, forensic accountants and other experts as necessary;
- Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communications;
- Calculating and recommending settlement of claims, and preparing final reports.
- In addition to performing loss adjusting and other consultancy assignments, the aim is to be a main drive in technical information support for the CTA Energy Team within Offshore engineering. This will cover a wide range of disciplines within the energy sector including: Engineering Design, Project Management, Installation Management, Operations Support and Integrity Management. This will include all stages of an engineering project from Feed Studies to Concept Design, Fabrication, Transportation, Installation, Hookup, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities.
- Assist and support in training the team on engineering protocols and standard practices to help improve and build up the knowledge and experience of individual team members.
- Build up an engineering experience data base within CTA Energy.
- To assist and support CT A - Energy Directors to improve and optimise protocols and the relevant training within team to improve efficiency.
- To assist and support CTA - Energy Directors to improve communications and optimise interfacing protocols and the relevant training within team to improve the spread and circulation of information.
- To assist with and develop the effective marketing of CTA
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Suitable engineering degree
- Experience of working in the Energy Industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Report writing skills
- Have excellent IT skills (Microsoft packages)
- Ability to work on own or in a team environment
- Must be prepared to travel internationally and often at short notice
- Previous insurance experience would be an advantage