Charles Taylor plc is a leading provider of professional claims and insurance services to clients around the globe. We have been providing such services since 1884 and today we have over 1,700 employees in 71 offices spread across 28 countries in the UK, the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Group offers a range of management and professional services, principally on a fee-based model, and operates through three businesses – Management, Adjusting and Insurance Support Services.
We currently have an opportunity within the Adjusting area of the business which accounts for 41% of the group’s revenue.
We are now recruiting for Executive General Adjusters who will be responsible for Investigating and reporting upon insurance losses for and on behalf of (Re) Insurers. These roles are available across the US in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Miami, Boston, Atlanta, Denver and Seattle.
- Receipt of new claim instructions and initiating claims handling procedures
- Attendance at incident site (where applicable) to carry out thorough investigation of loss circumstances and damages sustained
- Liaise with official accident investigation agencies (governmental and/or commercial) and other agencies
- Evaluate and assess all elements which may impact upon Underwriters’ potential exposure
- Regularly liaise and report to Underwriters and other insurance practitioners regarding circumstances, damage, costs and cause of loss, including detailed assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations
- Regularly liaise with Insured or Third Parties to progress claims settlement
- Liaise and negotiate with prospective repair agents, manufacturers, third party claimants in respect of damages, repair work scopes, cost estimates. Review and report recommendations regarding costs and estimates with payment recommendation to Underwriters
- Provision of technical advice to other adjusters, external counsel and experts, in respect of liability and/or subrogation issues
- Where necessary to act as an expert witness in the litigation process
- Provision of general advice and assistance to Underwriters in respect of interpretation of policy conditions
- Liaise with Finance personnel to assist in prompt settlement of Fee Accounts
- To maintain existing and develop new Market opportunities. Meet with new and existing clients. Attend industry related events and meetings. Prepare written responses to requests for services.
- Ensure all adjuster licensing requirements are met.
- Mentoring and development of junior adjusters where required
- Work within assigned office budget to maintain productivity and WIP figures
- Assist in the development and effective marketing of Charles Taylor Adjusting
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within an office administration role. Relies on experience and judgment to interpret policies and procedures as established by senior management.
- Experience working under limited supervision and assuming responsibility for work performed and decisions taken.
- Has considerable autonomy over own activities but rarely has supervisory or technical project responsibility. The individual will also work under general directions within a clearly defined accountability framework.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally and to maximize both people and budget resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills working co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Must show adaptability, initiative, and dependability and must maintain absolute confidentiality with respect to the Company’s proprietary information.
The ideal candidate will have Industrial, Commercial Property & Casualty or Energy experience.
Why Charles Taylor?
Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risks markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses.
The business’ expertise is in the resolution of larger and more complex losses arising from major insured incidents and claims.
We are a profitable growing organization that is highly regarded in the insurance industry, employing some of the best technical experts.