Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We have an opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our Group Finance Team.
- To prepare the group consolidation of results and position each month including full income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- On a half-yearly basis, produce all associated documentary requirements ie. the interim and full year external plc published accounts.
- To produce accurate UK statutory accounts for all Charles Taylor entities as required including liaison with auditors and ensuring that timescales are adhered to.
- To liaise with finance managers/controllers to ensure all month end deadlines are adhered to, in accordance with group reporting instructions.
- To assist the group finance team with the financial integration of any new acquired business within the Charles Taylor Group.
- To prepare financial covenants calculations on a quarterly basis to meet lender requirements.
- To ensure that Chares Taylor Group and its entities complies with all legal and regulatory requirements concerning reporting and accounts.
- To ensure an up-to-date knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and regulations both for self and finance function as a whole and to assist management with understanding the implications of changes to these.
- To assist in reviewing the content of monthly management accounts to ensure they accurately reflect the actual group results, position and statutory cash flow.
- To assist in production of the balance sheet and cash flow pages for the monthly management accounts, and any other, as required.
Internal Controls & Compliance
- To ensure there is a robust internal financial control environment throughout the Charles Taylor Group and to ensure it operates effectively.
- To support the group finance team to ensure compliance with UK corporation tax requirements.
- To mentor and develop junior accounts staff, ensuring training needs are fulfilled.
- To assist in building a motivated, supportive and effective team environment, ensuring finance function workloads are well planned.
- Group Financial Controller
- Group Reporting Manager
- Group Management Accountant
- RoW FDs, Finance Managers
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA).
- Previous consolidation and systems experience.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisation and project management skills.
- Half year and year-end audit management.
- Managing a multi-currency general ledger.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to streamline processes and deliverables.
- Supporting the implementation of finance systems.
- Cognos Controller, Hyperion or similar consolidation software experience.