Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Charles Taylor InsureTech is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who will be part of a project team responsible for Servers and Services running in both VMWare based data centre and Microsoft Azure. The role will cover scoping, planning, testing and deploying services in both environments. The engineer needs to have a positive attitude, able to work in a team but must be able to own key tasks, work to timescales and on BAU to maintain current environments Projects to deliver new environments.
- Work on a cross functional project team and participate in shaping the technical direction to deliver fast and high availability Microsoft Azure cloud services to internal and external customers
- Actively seek out opportunities to improve and optimize the global infrastructure including use of cloud and virtualization, servers, backup strategy, network devices, security and monitoring
- Create and maintain infrastructure related documentation, operational policies, IT policies, as needed
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle; planning through implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment, all the way to monitoring
- Work closely with our technology partners to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Conduct full stack diagnostics when necessary, to help determine the root cause of problems
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Degree in relevant area such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems
- High quality work standards for delivering quality solutions and driving customer satisfaction with a passion to innovate and self-motivation to grow.
- A strong commitment to learning and applying learned knowledge to customer problems. , the ability to research and independently identify answers and acquire new technical skills.
- Strong experience with Windows Server Support, PowerShell , DSC, Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, VMWare 6, EMC SAN, Veritas Netbackup Backups and infrastructure migrations
- Experience with Azure, Infrastructure as Code via ARM templates, VSTS (Visual Studio Online), Continuous Integration, Build Pipelines, Deployments, Azure Subscriptions, Azure networking including Express Route, Route Tables, NSGs, Azure IaaS – Compute, Storage, Networking, Azure PaaS – Web Apps, MSSQL & MySQL, Traffic Manager, WAF, Azure Site Recovery & Azure recovery services vault
- Experience with O365 (AAD Connect, ADFS, SharePoint Online, Azure Site Recovery & Azure recovery services vault)
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple projects and adhering to deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter who performs well with minimal supervision, delivers in high pressure situations and has great time management skills.