Digital innovation is reshaping the insurance industry - We’re making it happen. Charles Taylor InsureTech was established to help insurance businesses drive change through the delivery of technology enabled solutions. We don’t have a one-size-fits-all approach or prescriptive methodology. We work consultatively with our clients to revitalise their operations, reinvent established processes and implement future-ready solutions that deliver measurable benefit and improve data-driven decision making.
Charles Taylor InsureTech is part of Charles Taylor plc who is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd's Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of oursourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
As Senior Java Integration Developer you will provide programming leadership and support for application systems development and maintenance projects. In this role, you’ll provide strategic tools to all levels of Charles Taylor business and other clients to enable them to perform their jobs efficiently and accurately. You’ll be recommending, developing and implementing technology solutions to support our 100% Customer Satisfaction mission.
- End to end Integration development in adherence with Integration standards and best practices.
- Building and maintaining integration components
- Integration unit test cases and unit testing of integration components.
- Coding standards and programming techniques and ensure adherence by holding technical reviews
- Developing Integration payloads (xsd/xml) and develop detailed integration technical specifications
- Supporting and guiding junior developers in the delivery of the target solutions
- Providing systems design relative to functionality, architecture and databases for complex information systems
- Assisting in the definition of user requirements and in the development of functional specifications
- Providing an expert knowledge of the technical aspects of systems development, including data bases, application architecture and Java technologies
- Providing programming and technical design task estimates and contribute to project planning activities
- Monitoring technology upgrades, corrections and new releases. Ensure that the most technically and functionally appropriate version is installed. Communicate new features and training opportunities with the business users to promote effective use of each application.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Proven commercial experience in software engineering, preferably in enterprise-scale applications, using TDD
- Several years’ experience in Java development
- Considerable experience in Java EE, Spring or other server side Java experience
- Proven experience in any one of integration technologies like Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle OSB, Mulesoft, IBM MQ / IBM ESB
- Sound knowledge of SOA concepts and technologies like ESB, BPEL
- WS Extensions specifications like WS-Security, WS-Coordination, WS-Policy
- Unix or Windows scripting
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Sound knowledge of OO design principles and patterns
- Preference for Java SE 6 or 7, Oracle SOA certified candidates
- Desirable – Insurance industry knowledge, Experience in Oracle ADF and JSF
The ideal candidate will be passionate about agile software development, focused on quality and continuous improvement with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Why Charles Taylor InsureTech?
The Charles Taylor InsureTech team blends hands-on insurance expertise with fresh thinking from the worlds of technology consulting, financial services, ecommerce and beyond.
As a newly established business which is part of Charles Taylor Plc, we combine the agility of a start up with the security and scale of a corporate. The result is a pragmatic-yet-pioneering approach that we’ve used to help clients reimagine central market systems, launch self-service digital insurance products, automate regulatory reporting requirements and more.
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the year.