Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently established a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in 71 offices in 29 countries worldwide. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Our Management Services business delivers a complete outsourced management service covering every aspect of mutual insurance companies’ operations. These include the management of underwriting and claims, the provision of regulatory and accounting services, as well as corporate governance and company secretarial services.
We currently have an opportunity for Knowledge and Information Officer to assist in providing timely and effective access and support business requirements across the Group.
- Compile and send out current awareness bulletins on various topics using a range of resources.
- Liaise with recipients to review content and ensure relevancy.
- Periodically review resources.
- Deal with ad-hoc enquiries for the Standard Club P&I Portal using SharePoint. Assist with new pages, libraries and lists
- Work with IT, particularly the SharePoint Developer, to ensure smooth running of the P&I Portal and escalate enquiries where necessary.
- Manage and upload knowhow submissions to the Knowledge Database on the Standard Club P&I Portal
- Maintain Knowledge & Information Management area of Standard Club P&I Portal and CT Connect Intranet by keeping content up to date and creating new pages where necessary.
- Training assistance – Provide training and liaise with Portal Super users on basics of using the P&I Portal
- Collate monthly analytics for popular pages and search terms from the P&I Portal for the Knowledge & Information Manager
- Undertake research enquiries. Research may encompass competitor, legal, business, current awareness, company, sector and market analysis.
- Compile monthly statistics on the Knowledge & Information Team research enquiries
Library resources administration
- Catalogue new books, process invoices, checking for new books and weed library as necessary, monitor when resources are up for renewal
- Track the K&I budget and work with Knowledge and Information Manager to report on this
Projects and initiatives
- Assist Knowledge & Information Manager in various Knowledge initiatives and projects including implementing new resources and tools, working on system upgrades and improvements
- Maintain relationships with teams and Division heads to ensure the K&I service is meeting requirements
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Degree in Library and Information - MA would be preferable
- Previous experience of providing Library services, ideally in corporate organisation
- Library management skills including cataloguing and some procurement
- Research skills using a number of databases and resources
- SharePoint experience and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good organisational skills, able to keep track budgets and keep on top of administrative tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A proactive and pragmatic approach
- A strong Team player
- Keen to further their professional development