Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We have an opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our group legal team to provide support to Charles Taylor’s business units on a wide range of matters ensuring legal and regulatory compliance at all times.
The role offers the chance to join a growing, dynamic group, in a varied, interesting and challenging position.
- To provide a wide range of advice especially in relation to drafting and vetting of documents, contracts and other legal agreements.
- To provide advice and assistance in relation to corporate transactions (e.g. M&A & disposals)
- To draft or review contracts in an effective manner
- To draft, review and negotiate strategic business agreements and transactions effectively and efficiently
- To provide general legal advice on regulatory and compliance issues and to provide support to the various business units and compliance teams within the group
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
A qualified lawyer with post qualified experience in advising on non-contentious and business related issues, with an exceptional eye for detail and a flexible and a client focused approach.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts with the ability to work to deadlines.