Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
To provide legal advice and assistance to the Charles Taylor InsureTech business as required, supported by Group Legal, to ensure the Charles Taylor InsureTech business meets all its legal and other obligations worldwide.
- To primarily assist and support the Charles Taylor InsureTech business and, time permitting, other group business units and/or functions, as appropriate
- To act as the Legal Officer for Charles Taylor InsureTech, and where necessary, having responsibility for ensuring appropriate policies, controls, procedures and training for the Charles Taylor InsureTech business are put in place
- To assist and support the Group Legal function with legal, regulatory and other due diligence work primarily in relation to the Charles Taylor InsureTech business
- To provide ad hoc legal support and advice to the company generally
- To assist with new business activities, acquisitions and disposals by the company generally but particularly in relation to the Charles Taylor InsureTech business
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.