Overall Purpose of the Job
Investigating and reporting of insurance losses for and on behalf of Insurers, captives and self-insured interests.
This role would perform casualty loss adjusting function for claims and may involve:
Receipt of new claim instructions and initiating claims handling procedures in the super yacht industry. Experience in hull and machinery, cargo and small craft surveying a plus.
- Attendance at incident site (where applicable) to carry out thorough investigations of loss circumstances and damages sustained.
- Liaise with official accident investigation agencies (governmental and/or commercial) and other agencies.
- Evaluation and assessment of all elements which may impact upon Underwriters’ potential exposure under the Policy of Insurance.
- Regular liaison and reporting to Brokers and Underwriters and other insurance practitioners regarding circumstances, damage, costs and cause of loss, including detailed assessment and reporting of settlement options and recommendations.
- Regular liaison with Insured or Third Parties to progress claims settlement.
- Liaison and negotiation with prospective repair agents, manufacturers, third party claimants in respect of damages, repair work scopes, cost estimates. Approval of cost estimates and final invoices.
- Provision of technical advice and assistance to Liability Adjusters, external lawyers in respect to liability and/or subrogation issues.
- Provision of general advice and assistance to Underwriters in respect of interpretation of policy conditions.
- Supervision and disposal of salvage and site clearance.
- Marketing of Charles Taylor Adjusting.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties assigned.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.