Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager Insurance/Technology who will be the in charge of the delivery of projects for the group, with particular emphasis on the implementation of strategic initiatives across Charles Taylor division.
The job holder will lead and coordinate the identification, definition and management of projects (full project lifecycle) to meet business opportunities within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality, following formal project management methodologies. Communicating change to all affected parties.
- Execute industry standard project management methodologies.
- Manage and coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously and provide accurate and reliable reporting to key stakeholders as required.
- Demonstrated mastery of detail. Able to gather, structure and track information across multiple projects with precision.
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing projects to budget, schedule and quality.
- Run workshops to investigate user requirements and complex problems or issues.
- Liaise with the technical teams to ensure that the deliverables are met in accordance with project timescales
- Coordinate with business Analysts to ensure user requirements are gathered and prioritised.
- Coordinate with business analysts and trainers to ensure that the appropriate level of training is offered when required.
- Maintain a close relationship with end users and build a comprehensive understanding of business processes and business terminology.
- Manage and mitigate project risks.
- Communicate project deliveries to the business and key stakeholders.
- Act as communicator for the team to communicate the aims, goals and objectives of the team to the business and in turn capture the needs and requirements of the business to communicate to the team.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on behalf of the team.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Project management certification with demonstrated expertise in Scrum and Agile
- Proven experience delivering projects within insurance industry
- Solid references and credentials