Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
This role offers an opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to work within a newly established team testing a variety of applications to ensure they meet high standards of quality, performance and reliability. You will be expected to work across the full development lifecycle, functional and non-functional testing, drive refinement, debug problems, and write manual and automated tests with scripting tools.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- ISTQB/ISEB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools (VSTS, JIRA, HP Quality Centre 10 and ALM)
- Experience across testing methodologies; Agile (Scrum, BDD, TDD), V-Model
- Demonstrable experience at all stages of the testing lifecycle, including writing test plans, producing test cases, regression testing etc.
- Experienced in user-level automation using Selenium and implementing /streamlining test automation.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously
- Experienced in coordinating offshore testing
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally
- Any experience programming with Java and/or .NET would be advantageous
- Knowledge of testing API's would be highly advantageous