Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Our Group HR function is transitioning through major transformation and the team is implementing a strategy that touches all areas of the employment lifecycle, with the objective of providing more proactive, cost effective, consistent and value-added HR practices and resources.
The Reward analyst will work collaboratively with the Reward Manager and the Pensions and Benefits Manager (each providing guidance and operating framework).
This is a challenging and exciting role working in a global business, operating in 28 countries, which is undergoing continual expansion and change. The jobholder will be part of a team of three which is responsible for Reward and Benefits across the whole group. The reward analyst is expected to provide ideas and process improvements to support and improve customer service. This role is a great opportunity to develop and broaden skills and knowledge across the Reward portfolio.
- Build and maintain a database of all employees to include every element of Reward against each individual.
- Engage with Payroll to enable complete alignment between HR and payments, processes and data.
- Provide expert Reward advice to Managers and members of the HR team, particularly in relation to the Reward planning cycle, new hires and benefits queries.
- Prepare offline spreadsheet data for upload to online HR and Payroll systems.
- Carry out high level job matching in conjunction with Business Units (BUs) where appropriate, Supply CT data into salary surveys, analyse survey output in relation to CT Reward Policy.
- Support the review cycle to include: preparation of BUs Reward Cycle spreadsheets for salary, bonus and performance ratings, creation of management reports throughout for BUs and total company, production of Reward, review letters, including Total Reward statements.
- Initiating payments with Payroll once files are fully agreed and approved. Collating and distributing communications and updates to the business. Preparing data file for upload to the HR system with all salary & bonus data.
- Create Bonus plan design and payments models for multiple schemes in multiple business units, iterate the models until sign-off.
- Provide data and analysis for best practice/future legislation reviews e.g. gender pay.
- Build a database of insurable benefits that are in existence, their terms, costs, suppliers and members by country to interface with the Total Reward database.
- Enable the identification of areas for consolidation and cost saving.
- Supply data (closely working with payroll) and information to support renewals of insurable benefits for Group Life, PHI, PMI (domestic and Intl) etc.
- Reviewing current insured data for international employees to ensure those that are covered are correct (checking employee records and local practice).
- Providing support on Benefit projects, where necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the ‘Wellbeing’ agenda to ensure its alignment with insurable benefit, e.g. drafting communications and timetabling events.
- Liaise with Payroll to provide employee data to our pension scheme provider on a regular basis.
- Dealing with day-to-day general employee queries regarding benefits.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- An understanding of a Reward Cycle including salary surveys, salary budgeting, salary planning, bonus design, bonus modelling, bonus payment and Reward Communication
- An understanding of the key elements of insurable benefits and their procurement from third parties
- An understanding of how all the components of Pay, Benefits, Shares and Pensions contribute to an effective Total Reward strategy
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Adobe (to include mailmerge, bonus modelling, summary reports)
- Data collection and manipulation from multiple sources
- Consolidation of data and extraction of meaningful information for Executive reports
- Explanation of complex concepts and technical issues clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Application of a logical approach to problem analysis and problem solving
- Application of a rigorous approach to ensure accuracy in all work
- Creation of order and process from disparate activities and ambiguity
- Creation of a work/project plan to deliver complex tasks on time and in sequence
- Able to work with 100% compliance and accuracy in line with process requirements
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to confidently and professionally interact with people at all levels of the Business