Digital innovation is reshaping the insurance industry - We’re making it happen. Charles Taylor InsureTech was established to help insurance businesses drive change through the delivery of technology enabled solutions. We don’t have a one-size-fits-all approach or prescriptive methodology. We work consultatively with our clients to revitalise their operations, reinvent established processes and implement future-ready solutions that deliver measurable benefit and improve data-driven decision making.
Charles Taylor InsureTech is looking for an experienced IT Programme Manager with extensive and broad experience of defining programmes of IT change and successfully planning, leading, managing, delivering full lifecycle complex insurance enterprise software implementations. You will ideally have experience of delivering PAS (Policy Administration Software) projects. This is an agile programme so ideally you will have familiarity with Scrum planning tools and proven experience of working in both Agile and/or Waterfall. Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, as well as experience of working with a software editor or system integrators are essential.
- Initiating & helping to shape large programmes, projects and work streams engaging with all stakeholders
- Ensuring the delivery of agreed programme, project & work stream deliverables to plan and within budget
- Co-ordinating all resources across the Project/Programme
- Working closely with all areas of the business and IT and managing 3rd party suppliers
- Planning, directing and managing multiple IT projects and work streams under the change portfolio to effectively deliver into the business
- Partnering with business project teams in ensuring that IT deliverables are aligned to business strategy
- Collaborating with IT management of diverse technology functions for creating globally consistent system capabilities in meeting individual project objectives
- Working with business and IT stakeholders to deploy global capabilities into the regional offices and local countries
- Ensuring compliance with external regulatory requirements, internal control standards and policies during the course of project execution
- Maintaining effective communication among various global stakeholders, IT teams and delivery partners.
- Actively managing risks, dependencies and exceptions in the Programme
- Securing quality and maintainability of IT solutions so as to support sustainability of our service proposition to customers
- Building trusted partnership with the business and serving as an IT consultant in promoting technology capability and innovation from within the Group or from the industry
- Adopting open, transparent and flexible approach in project execution and operating in alignment with Charles Taylor InsureTech Values and Behaviours
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Experienced Programme Manager or Senior Project Manager with broad knowledge ideally within Insurance or financial services.
- Have proven experience of delivering major Projects & Programmes (budgets £2m+)
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy, flexibility & self-organisation
- Have the ability to resolve conflict & manage challenging situations
- Be able to work successfully with staff at all levels & external contacts
- Experience working in relevant Insurance or Financial Services environments
- Experience working in Global Change Management in Technology
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Significant Technology change delivery experience in Technology, Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership skills and hands-on expertise leveraging Agile methodology for change delivery and take responsibility for planning, leading and delivering large scale IT programmes that meet Charles Taylor InsureTech profitability criteria and to develop further business from existing or new clients.