Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
We are looking for a Senior Service Desk Analyst to provide timely and efficient 2nd and 3rd Level support to the organisation’s user community in the provision of ICT services, delivering this support within agreed service levels. To perform the configuration, administration, deployment, and documentation duties required to help the team maintain the Desktop Support operation within the defined processes and framework
- Respond to assigned requests for IT support and services (including incidents, and service requests) in a timely, polite, and efficient fashion, adhering to the defined SLA timeframes
- Analyse and resolve assigned 2nd/3rd line support calls at the London offices, other regional offices (nationally and globally), and for remote users. Work with other relevant support workgroups (Infrastructure, Application Support, etc.) to resolve/fulfil incidents, requests and problems
- Log and track the status of assigned requests for IT support and services, ensuring regular customer updates
- Provision and deploy new equipment and applications to individuals and groups, following the appropriate processes and ensuring compliance with licensing requirements
- Provide technical solutions to IT and business requests/requirements, engaging with Business Partners where appropriate
- Provide the relevant equipment and support for meetings as required by the business, which may be internally or externally based
- Follow the defined department ITIL processes and procedures, and wider company standards, policies and procedures; providing feedback on processes where improvement opportunities are identified
- Maintain the hardware inventory to ensure accuracy
- Perform proactive maintenance on supported systems, ensuring supported offices are visited for IT maintenance on the agreed schedule
- Provide regular updates to customers, and to the ICT Service Desk Manager, on progress with items, escalating issues where a technical or management escalation is required
- Build positive relationships with users to enhance the level of service provided
- Positively contribute ideas and feedback to help the team grow and improve; participate actively in team meetings and other activities as required
- Contribute to project activity, completing assigned tasks as necessary to the designated timescales
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Computer Science Degree
- Understanding of Service Management concepts. ITIL foundation qualified (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to prioritise own workload and meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven technical experience in 2nd line Service Delivery Support including common applications i.e. Microsoft Office 2010/2013 & Outlook
- Active Directory administration (user and group management, adding objects to the domain, etc.)
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting, including laptops, desktops, telephones, mobile telephony, printers, and other peripherals
- Windows 7 installation and support
- Experience of common build and imaging software for deploying corporate standard images to standard desktop hardware
- iPhone configuration, support, and user assistance, including secure mail applications such as AirWatch
- Cisco telephony administration, including setting up phones, hunt groups, etc.
- Experience in IT Service management logging systems; ideally Service or similar
The ideal candidate will have proven experience providing 2nd/3rd line support and problem resolution for desktop and laptop computers, printers plus other peripheral hardware and software applications on site and managing senior stackeholders.