Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Charles Taylor Adjusting is one of the leading international loss adjusting businesses. We focus on commercial losses and claims in the aviation, energy, marine, property, casualty and special risk markets, many of which are large and complex in nature. These include onshore and offshore energy claims, maritime casualties, aircraft losses, large infrastructure claims and financial lines losses.
To provide secretarial and administration support to Hull Surveyors and Liability Adjusters.
- Provide effective and timely administrative support to allotted surveyors and adjusters
- To transcribe audio media formats into a high standard of typed correspondence, reports, etc.
- To provide filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing, scanning, courier services and organisation of translations
- To assist in the maintenance of accurate claims files and associated diary systems
- To effectively and efficiently assist, monitor and respond to incoming enquiries (phone, emails, correspondence, etc.), specifically in the absence of hull/liability surveyors and adjusters
- To assist in making appointments, arranging meetings, arranging travel itineraries
- Assist with claim administration activities, including updating Conflicts register, liason with market with respect to obtaining market information and policy details on individual claims matters
- Assist Finance team and Credit Control with timely issuance of fee invoicing and cash collection
- Assist with implementation and operation of CMA within department
- To contribute to an efficient and effective secretarial team
- Provide ad hoc support within the Job Holder’s capabilities
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.