Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
- To support the Class Underwriter in achieving the Business Plan.
- To write business in accordance with the business plan and underwriting guidelines.
- To develop the political and credit risk line with growth against set targets
- Underwriting contracts of insurance according to Underwriting Guidelines and authorities
- Ensuring all risks are recorded in accordance with procedures
- Ensuring that maintenance of the Syndicate’s records are carried out in accordance with procedures
- To ensure wordings on risks written are appropriate
- To act in accordance with all Lloyd’s and regulatory standards and principles at all times
- To assist with credit control on the accounts written within the PR and CR underwriting team
- To promote the development of the business of the Syndicate
- To support Class underwriter and management with the purchasing and managing of reinsurance
- To assist in the business planning process
- To provide information and assistance to ensure all Syndicate staff can carry out their responsibilities, (support other department).
- To be aware of all matters relating to the underwriting team and to report on this as and when required by the business
- To communicate all matters that are required by the management
- To Peer Review risks of other Syndicate Underwriters
- To liaise with the Active Underwriter, MD, CEO and other senior management on all issues relating to the team as requested by Class Underwriter
Ad Hoc Duties
As requested by your Class Underwriter, to perform reasonable ad hoc duties within the Job Holder’s capabilities.
- Experience in underwriting political and credit risk exposure
- Excellent working knowledge of Lloyd’s Market and Underwriting processes
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good capacity at presenting verbally or in writing complex risk with recommendation/ action plan
- Experience and knowledge on credit analysis
- Good knowledge of the geopolitics around the world
- Driven and always ready to learn about business and the world
- Hard working and committed.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, more than one language would be a plus
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel and Access skills
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Able to work within and promote a collegiate culture