Charles Taylor plc is a global leading provider of professional services to the insurance industry. The group manages mutual insurance companies, provides specialist loss adjusting services, has recently set up a Lloyd’s Managing Agency and syndicate and is a provider of a diverse range of outsourced management and technical insurance services for the global market.
Charles Taylor currently employs over 1800 staff working in over 71 offices in 28 countries worldwide. In London we employ approximately 600 staff working across 3 offices in Central London. We are a profitable, growing organisation that is highly regarded in the insurance industry as a top tier provider of professional services, employing some of the industry’s ‘best in class’ professionals and technical experts. Our delivery of high quality, individually tailored services to our clients is backed by our core values of excellence, partnership, quality and support, and we look for employees to join us who exemplify these values and our ethos.
Operate, oversee, monitor and report on the underwriting controls applied for all syndicates under management.
Define and map the end to end underwriting process for each syndicate. Identify risks and controls required at each critical process step.
Drive improved monitoring and risk reduction by developing and coordinating key aspects of the underwriting management controls function to ensure CTMA exceeds Lloyd’s Minimum Standards.
- Providing day-today support to the CUO
- Monitoring potential breaches and providing summary reports and analysis to the CUO and relevant committees
- Daily exception report monitoring and action tracking
- Regular analysis of key management information outputs
- Tracking and following up on all action points
- Create process maps for the underwriting function and document the end to end process and handovers for each critical step
- Providing reporting requirements for Underwriting Reinsurance and Claims Committee, Underwriting Monitoring and Controls meeting, Reinsurance Management Group and other committee meetings as required
- Confirming data quality contained within the PMDr and that report is submitted to Lloyd’s each month
- Liaising with other CTMA departments as required
- Assist to define, develop, implement and monitor underwriting controls across all classes of business, regularly updating controls to reflect changing areas of focus and interest.
- Report to the required forums and meetings with findings from controls review activities
- Liaise closely with the Underwriting Control Analyst, Head of Underwriting Management, Active Underwriter and Underwriters on day-to-day underwriting controls matters for each syndicate
- Ensure business is underwritten adhering to Lloyd’s Minimum Standards and CTMA’s internal standards as well as annual business plan; underwriting policies and protocols, underwriter terms of reference.
- Monitor accuracy and completeness of data entry, ensure adherence to requirements for Pre-Bind Quality Assurance (PBQA), including Contract Certainty.
- Develop means of measuring the performance of underwriting controls and, together with the Head of Underwriting Management, assist the business to define new controls on an on-going basis.
Ad Hoc Duties
Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Previous relevant experience.
- The ability to communicate and explain complex issues clearly and succinctly.
- The ability to build trust and effectively network both internally and externally.
- Professional and approachable with a “can-do” attitude to successfully interact with senior management/colleagues/external suppliers.
- Good presentation skills.
- The ability to manage time, manage projects, meet deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- The ability to influence stakeholders both internal and external.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.