Business Interruption – A Forensic Accountant’s Perspective
12 July 2016
Various risk studies rank Business Interruption as one of the top risks: Allianz Risk Barometer 2016 ranks it the #1 business risk for Asia Pacific. Aon’s 2015 Global Risk Management Report ranks it as one of the Top 10 risks. Oftentimes, the Business Interruption losses exceed the cost of repairing the property damage. Despite its importance, Business Interruption is still a mystery to some professionals and it is often misunderstood.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- What is forensic accounting, and why is it relevant to Business Interruption;
- What does Business Interruption actually do, and what is its limitations;
- Some common mistakes or misconceptions;
- Examples of some past cases;
- Difficulties encountered in wide area damage such as earthquakes.
This seminar will be delivered in Cantonese and is aimed at Chinese-speaking insurance professionals or lawyers.
Speaker – Brian Cheung, Forensic Accountant, Charles Taylor Adjusting
Time: 13.00 - 15.00