Canadian Risk and Insurance Forum
02 November 2017
The Canadian Risk and Insurance Education Forum invites you to a diverse full-day education seminar focusing on a variety of industry-related programs to engage and inform. This year, we focus on Environmental Risk!
Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017
Time: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Location: The National Club - 303 Bay Street, Toronto ON
*Cocktail Networking Reception following the event in The Vault at One King West*
Who Should Attend?
Insurance Brokers, Underwriters and Claims Handlers, Risk Managers, Loss Adjusters, Forensic Accountants, Environmental practitioners, Lawyers
Blair Feltmate, Associate Professor, University of Waterloo and member of the Interdisciplinary Centre on Climate Change will provide insights from his research in establishing a practical, meaningful and cost-effective climate change adaptation program for Canada.
Morning Session – Rail, Motor and Pipeline Transportation and the Environment
- Lac Megantic; a case study - Angela Iannetta, Director - Aon Global Risk Consulting
- The Pipeline Debate - Jane Shapiro, SVP, National Practice Leader – Hill+Knowlton
- Panel Discussion - Moving Oil in Canada - Risks, Coverage, Regulatory Considerations, Capacity, Claims and Legal
Afternoon Session – Fixed Infrastructure and the Environment
- The Environmental Voice of First Nations - Duff Harper, Partner - Blakes
- Industry vs. Environment (Risk Impact and the Economy) - Guy Felio, Senior Advisor / Asset Management Solutions and Infrastructure Resilience - Stantec
- Panel Discussion – Environmental Considerations -Fixed Risk Management, Risk Transfer, Emergency Response, Regulatory Changes, Claims and Legal
Closing Address – Charles Fogden, Senior Vice President at Aon Consulting will provide a summation of lessons learned and challenges we face moving forward.
For more information visit www.canadianriskforum.com