Our investment strategy is based on the following approach:
- Judgemental and adaptive: relationships and correlations within financial markets fluctuate over time. Constant adaptation to these changes, using judgement and experience.
- Top down: emphasis on top-down analysis and macro themes supplemented by bottom-up analysis and identification of micro-opportunities.
- Bias to income and value; when appropriate this might include:
- higher dividend paying stocks;
- corporate bonds over government bonds;
- emerging market bonds over developed market bonds; and
- yield generating ‘alternative’ strategies such as infrastructure and property
- Benchmark aware, not benchmark driven: absolute return and risk measures more important than those relative to a benchmark. Positions should make sense in their own right rather than because they are in the benchmark.
Charles Taylor Investment Management Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN148462).